Ok if you aren't playing it yourself, you have heard about it by now. Pokemon Go is the newest viral mobile app game sensation around.
We endured a week of "Mom, can you download Pokemon Go for me?" "Dad, can you download Pokemon Go for me?" Yes, I have an 11 year old son who is just nuts over this game.
We resisted as long as possible, then finally succumbed.
What has been a really nice perk of this, he wants to get out and walk around! He wants to run errands with us! Wow! It took my computer junkie little boy out into the real world.
I must confess, I have caught myself checking for Pokemons when he isn't around me.
What does Pokemon Go have to do with eCommerce?
As this game hits insanely viral levels of people playing it, retail is taking note. Just imagine if you could entice more people into your retail store by promising that Pokemons hang out there? More people shopping retail could mean less people shopping online.
Do I think this will be an issue? No. Once the glamour has warn off things will get back to the way they were with those people just buried behind their computer screens playing the next Farmville game or whatever developers come up with to grab your attention away from what you should be doing.
Here is how it can help your online business right now though:
- Write a blog article using the keywords Pokemon Go to get Google's attention
- Post your article on your Facebook business page to get Facebook trending attention
- Share from your Facebook page, perhaps even pay to boost the post if it looks like it's getting good engagement
- Run a Pokemon Go sale - be creative! Maybe create a store category just for the sale.
- Have fun with it while it lasts and use it to bring traffic to your business!
Whenever something like this takes off, it is the perfect opportunity to rise above many of your competitors. And by all means, if you sell anything to do with Pop Culture and Pokemon this is your perfect setting to engage with your ideal customers!
So what will you do to bring in the Pokemon Go crowd?